Installing, commissioning, repairing and periodic testing of these charging stations requires electricians to have a suitable level of expertise and the tools to perform these tests.
Our engineer performs safety and functional tests on the charging stations whilst simulating the presence of an EV.
The following must be inspected and tested every 12 months:
- All cables, leads and plug
- RCDs and any Overcurrent devices are operational
- Functional EV check
- Earth continuity protection
- Ensure compliance with the most up to date WorkSafe guidelines as something may have changed since your installation
- EV charger safely disconnects if there is a fault
- Earth continuity protection is operational
- If installation is outdoor, comply with IPX4 in accordance with AS 60529
- Appropriate protection co-ordination is achieved - LV supply cable circuit and protection should be tested as per AS/NZS 3000'
Re-tagging involves sticking a non-reusable tag with the following details:
- Date of assessment
- Date of next assessment
- EWRB licence number
- A statement from tester stating compliance
- Details of EV charger operator